Wednesday 30 June 2010

Black, White + One Other at Karen's Doodles

Happy Wednesday Peeps,

Hope everyone in the UK has been enjoying the gorgeous weather we have had lately.

It's Wednesday and time for another challenge at Karen's Doodles and this week's theme is to create a card/project using Black, White and One Other Colour. Remember to use a Karen's Doodles image, available HERE, to enter and be sure to visit the design team's awesome inspirational creations.  That was a mouthful wasn't it, I must have swallowed the dictionary, lol.  I have chosen a Christmas image, thought I would try and get ahead of the game and every little helps, as they say.


And yes, it's stitching you can see.  I pulled out the sewing machine and away I went. And strangely enough the following day my son came home from school, I was in the front garden planting some summer flowers at the time, (just setting the scene), and he said, "Mum, have you still got that sewing machine out".  I said "yes", "why".  He said look at this and turned around so that I could see a 12" hole and all of his bottom showing!    Somehow he had managed to split his trousers from the crutch up to the waist band!  So off I went again.  Not like me at all, let's hope it holds for 3 more weeks!!!  Anyway, onto my card:-

Ingredients:-

Image coloured with copics
Magnolia Paper
Snowflake Vellum (small panel, not shown very well in the photo)
All matting is Bazill c/s
Martha Stewart Border Punch
Nesties for the scalloped Square
Sentiment from Craftwork Cards
Ribbon, Pearls (altered with copics to match colour scheme) from stash

I have entered this card into the following challenges:-


Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenges - A for Artic
Sweet Stop - Sketch
Alice in Wonderland - Twinkle Twinkle
Papertake Weekly - Stitching
My Time to Craft - Zig Zags (stitching on bottom panel)



16 comments:

Joey said...

Lol oh Tracy that is sods law isnt it! my son has kicked a tiny little hole that I know is going to turn into a mahooooosive crater before the end of term I am praying the shoes last lol, super gorgeous card as always love your colourwork she really looks like she has the rosey winter cheeks.
Joey.x

Tracey said...

This is beautiful Tracy, love the colour you chose to go with the black & your colouring is perfect :)

Hugs
Tracey
x

Catherine said...

What a sweet and beautiful card Tracy ! Love the colours and the bow is gorgeous ! Smiles from Catherine

angelwhispers said...

How lucky was that Tracy!!

Beautiful card the image is just gorgeous and love the colours

Chanelle xx

Wishcraft said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours and fab bow :o) Lisa x

Lesley said...

Beautiful card, the image and colouring are great! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Tracy, love the colours and an adorable image
Clairex

Viv said...

Love the colours Tracy! Fab combo! Love the bow too.
Funny about the trousers...its a wonder he was still wearing them! LOL! Viv xx

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! So glad you joined us at The Sweet Stop!

Anne said...

Wonderful as usual Tracy, your colouring is fab
Anne x

dstandard said...

Precious image and card! Thanks for playing!

Evgenia Petzer said...

Adorable!!! Thank you for playing with us at die Cut Dreams Christmas club!

Lori said...

One of my favourites! Thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams Christmas Challenge!

KraftyKoolKat said...

Gorgeous Tracy. Love the image/colour and of course that stitching.
Cathy
xxxxx

Jennifer said...

Such a fabulous card! Thanks for joining us PTW...good luck xx Jenny xx

crafty amy said...

Tracy this is adorable I am so sorry I am so late getting round I am here for a catch up now and I can't wait I love your blog it is always so inspiring :D

Hugs

Amy xx