Friday 28 January 2011

Sneek Peek "Lighting the Way" at Crafts and Me

Morning Peeps,

Well it's been another one of those weeks for me.  Firstly Hubby has lost the garage key so we have had to have a locksmith out which has cost £80 today.  Secondly my car failed its MOT so today I had to have a new exhaust fitted and it couldn't just be the front bit, oh no, it needed the flexible bit too that bolts to the engine so £120.  Tomorrow it has to have two bushes fitted for the steering and suspension, so god knows how much but at least I get the parts at a reasonable cost as I am the buyer for them.  Then this morning, I was driving to work and had just got onto the roundabout when a transit van decided he was above the rules of the road and drove straight across the roundabout on the wrong side of the road heading for a head on collision with me!  Luckily I wasn't going too fast and stopped quite quickly and froze whilst I watched the transit try to avoid me.  He luckily missed by millimetres and stopped half way down the side of my car at an angle facing out.  I couldn't even see the driver, just the passenger dressed in camaflague clothing.  He then sorted himself out and sped off on the opposite side of the road again.  I guess the good news is I'm still here, even though my little legs were quivering. 

Lastly on Monday of this week we finally had our bathroom finished.  It started last April when the insurance company came in to fix a leak in the roof through the bathroom.  To cut a long story short they repaired the wall and then the next time they came and knocked it down again........... and then repaired it again????? They were all over the shot but finally the bathroom got fitted minus the bath panel and the shower which finally got done on Monday.  My son has gone to have his first shower in the new bathroom and it's leaking through the ceiling.................  Can you just believe my luck, but if you know me, you'll know this is nothing unusual! So although I will be visiting Stamperama to say hi to Teresa I won't have any spending money, so any donations would greatly be received.......lol.

Anyway, I don't know what's in store for me this weekend but it better be good!!!!!!!!

Now, I know Vix introduced you to the new Jasmine Becket-Griffith Crafts and Me stamps, and I know you all gave them the WOW factor.  Well today I would like to introduce you to "Lighting the Way" by Jasmine Becket-Griffith and I am again hoping your gonna think WOW!  I know the DT have fallen in love with these stamps.  Now they will be available to purchase at the forthcoming Stamperama in Stevenage on the 6th February but we don't have a date for online release yet.  Teresa will announce the date sometime after 7th.  So if you want these stamps you need to get to Stamperama and say a big Hi to Teresa.  Here she is:-




Am I hearing a WOW?


Don't forget to check the crafts and me blog each day as all the new stamps started previewing this week right up until the show on 6th Februay, so you can all make your shopping lists, lol.

Materials used:-

Medium - Copics and Prismas (sorry done in a hurry and forgot to write them down)
Papers by Bearly Mine's new release available HERE
Martha Stewart Large Border Punch
Martha Stewart leaf punch
Punch flowers with rose centres from WOC
Ribbon and pearls from stash

I am entering this card into the following challenges:-

Do you stack up - Patterned Paper
Paper Play - Layer it up
Pennys - Anything Goes
Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything Goes
Stampin Royalty - Sketch (rotated)
Tuesday Throwdown - Distressing
Magical Monday - Flowers
Oh la la - Three of a kind
Gingerloft - Things that fly
Paper Sundaes - Distressing
CES - Angels and Fairies
Crafty Purple Frog - Distressing

Don't forget to enter my huge anniversay Candy HERE.


32 comments:

denny said...

oh wow how cool is she hun love the colouring hun love the colours you chose and awww big hugs hun not having a good time of luck at the mo are you hun and that van driver wot a bloody idiot i bet ya heart was in ya mouth xxxxxxxxxxxx

Nicki said...

Oh hun, what a week you've had, especially that narrow escape with the transit, thank goodness you're okay.

At least your card is WOW is a really good way! The image is gorgeous and your colouring's fab.

Hope you have an nice non-eventful week next week!

Nicki, xx

Mandy said...

Oh hun what a week you've had, stay home and play in your craft room this weekend, just don't go anywhere near a craft knife lol.

Stunning card hun, your colouring is beautiful and I love the image and strong colours you've used.
Thanks for joining us at Paper Play
hugs Mandy xx

Teresa said...

Tracy you poor thing your family sounds just like ours something always going wrong, but we pick ourselves up and carry on for the next downfall, thank God you are alright you need eyes in the back of your head nowadays.
The card wow!wow! woweeee! absolutely georgous I love it.
Tracy thank you so much for all your hard work you have put in for the show and organisation of everything for the next two weeks on the blog to show all the new stamps.
I can never thank you enough I have the most brilliant D.T'S IN THE WORLD!!

Teresa x

Teresa x

Janine - Ellabella said...

You've done it again! You've made me say "ooh" out loud, lol, gorgeous work, really amazing, and your colouring is breathtaking. Absolutely love it. Hugs Janine

Grenouille Greetings said...

WOW!
Terrible time you have had recently - lets hope that things can only get better!
WOW!
Stunning card! Love the papers, the design and the palette and your colouring is supreme! Warmest wishes, Lesley

angelwhispers said...

Oh you poor thing sounds like you have been through the mill this week, then to top it off a Male driver!!!!! nothing worse!!!

Fantastic card and what a fantastic image I must have this!!!! what fab colours just love it!!

Hope you have a great week

Christina C. said...

WOW...WOW....WOW.....this is BREATHTAKING!!!!!

Wendi said...

Wow absolutely gorgeous card your colouring is amazing and those colours fab
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Lau W said...

Such a bad week for you, hope all is ok now !
Your card is wonderful, love colors, so vibrant !
xxx

Scrappymax said...

Oh dear Tracy sounds like a bit of a rough week (had plenty of them recently). Hope that is the end of your bad luck now. Open a bottle of wine, I've found that always helps lol.
Beautiful card and really liking these images, you have to stop encouraging me like this he! he!
Max x

Jayne Hayward said...

What a gorgeous image used and beautifully coloured too. Love the dp and the flowers used too.

Thanks for joining in with us on Magical Monday

Jayne xx

Carisa said...

Ooh, gorgeous! it's like a grungy fairy. i love it! of course your coloring makes her even more stunning. def going on my ever growing wish list! *giggle*

Lynn said...

What a delightful and beautiful colored image! The detail on your card is fantastic too:)
Thanks Tracy for joining us at Gingerloft Challenges :)
Hope to see you next time
Huggs
Lynn xx

Heidi said...

Such a gorgeous card! So mysterious and devilish! Thanks for playing along with the Magical Mondays Flowers Challenge.

Crystal said...

Gorgeous card, love your colouring! I hope things get better for you, sounds like you've had a rough week! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes :)

Lauren said...

Gorgeous card! Great distressing! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

Lauren

Anne said...

Stunning! Thanks for linking with us at OLL this time. Hugs x

zoe.payne said...

This is certainly a wow card, its stunning. Beautiful image, colours are gorgeous. Really lovely hun.xxx

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

yep a wow from me!
thanks for showin us at TCPF!

Julie said...

Hope you have a better week next week! lovely card - I love how you've done the glow of the lantern!

x

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

This card is amazing! I love the coloring and the flowers you used! Wow! Gorgeous!

Thanks so much for playing with our DISTRESSING challenge at Paper Sundaes this week! We hope that we can see your creations in future challenges! Good luck!
♥ Lisa

Victoria said...

A lovely card - thank you so much for joining us on Magical Mondays - Flowers these challenges

Vicky - Angeldrummer DT member

Claire Pace Harmsworth said...

Great card, well done once again for your creativity X

Elena V. said...

it's so cute!

Paula (PEP) said...

So glad you're OK after all that - the bathroom sounds a bit of a nightmare though. This is such a striking image - love her wings & how you've picked out the feathery texture with those amazing leaves. That ribbon is delightful & how you've got the floral embellishments to echo those in the paer. Lovely touch with the ribbon threaded through the trellis too.
Paula (PEP)
http://pepcraftchallexp.blogspot.com/

coldwaters2 said...

Gosh Tracy what a story I don't envy you at all, lol, I think I would have had a breakdown if all that happened to me, lol. As for your card, you definitely hear a big WOWWWWWWW from me, that image is stunning especially with your colouring which is just pure perfection, the colours and design are awe-inspiring I love this big time.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Oops a Daisy Designs said...

Stunning card! Thank you for playing along with Pals Paper Arts.

Lisa B said...

My exact words that I said out loud when I saw this card was OH MY WORD. I am 100% blown away by this card. Your coloring is out of this world. You are one talented lady!

Thanks for sharing this with us over at the SIsterhood.

Deirdre said...

Love it.... colouring and layering is amazing.

Thanks so much for playing along with Paperplay this week on our Layer it Up Challenge. ♥

tiggertastic said...

WOW! i am lost for words, this is fantastic

Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Creative Card Crew ,Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

~♥~The Navy Wife~♥~ said...

This image is so beautiful and I love the layout you have gone with. Thank you for playing along with us at Gingerloft Challenges.